I’ve been dreading the thought of the zero’s lining up on the 24 hour clock because I realised that there was much about me that I need to change this year. Because, well, new year is just a thinly veiled excuse to make those amends we should’ve made ages ago, but didn’t. The idea that we can change ourselves regardless of the planet’s movement is brilliant but too overpowering for me. So I guess I’ll stick with the whole overrated ‘New Year, new me!’ shite for now.
So let’s see what I need myself to be this year –
- better achievements in the future near
- learn from the slate, not wiped clear
- don’t avoid the dark, don’t you fear!
- you can afford to be a bit more queer..
- be considerate to those who are to you dear.
- sometimes, when you have to, do sneer.
- don’t let anyone at you leer.
- to your instinct, please do hear!
- don’t lie to yourself, dissolve the veneer.
- please, no more self destructive behaviour
- and maybe for now, say no to the beer
- stop doubting yourself, you’ll have a career
- (at some point surely)
other irrelevant things I should change include – less whining and dining lmao, no crying, no comparing, no dying and all that good stuff ya?